Thursday, August 21, 2008

You Don't Mess With The Zohan

During sometime late last week or beginning of this week, I've watched...


You Don't Mess With The Zohan


I thought that since it's an Adam Sandler's movie, I'd be laughing the tears out of me. However, I was quite disappointed that it did not meet up to standards with previous Adam Sandler movies. If you have nothing to do and you are looking for cheap laughs as well as short entertainment, this is the movie for you. But I suggest that you just buy a DVD instead of watching it in the cinema.


This movie is about an Isreali counterterrorist who faked his own death and went to New York to fulfill his dream of becoming a hair stylist. Sooner or later, his identity was found out by one of his enemies, who is also living in New York. There are a few jokes here and there, crude humour and a cat (miaow)! Adam Sandler's imitation of the Isreali accent and his comical act was a couple of things that kept me impressed. The rest, I thought it was just lame. For the guys, I guess maybe you can feast your eyes on pretty ladies?

Dalia
Emmanuelle Chriqui who plays Dalia, Zohan's love interest


If you like Mariah Carey, you would be pleased to see her making a brief appearance towards the end of the movie as... guess who? Surprise, surprise. Herself!


Could not find a freaking shot of her in the movie


I'm not saying it's all bad. If you are a die hard fan of Adam Sandler, you might like this movie. As for me, I would say the movie's just okay. Oh, and if you do buy the DVD (especially if it's pirated), be warned that Adam Sandler likes being erm... sexy in this movie. ;)

0 words of others:

Post a Comment