Friday, August 29, 2008

Avril Lavigne's Concert On a Friday

I'm back! While most of Malaysia's youth especially the ones in KL were at Stadium Merdeka rocking to the sound of Avril's music, I, unfortunately, was stuck at work talking to this kid who doesn't respond to my questions.


"Do you understand?"
-Silence-
"[Name of student], you understand me or not? Yes or no?"
-Silence-


What's up with this kid anyway? The only time she respond to me is when I start raising my voice to the borderline of scolding her. Oh well, at least this gives me a whole new challenge to communication.





I wonder if Avril's concert will be a huge success? I mean an international superstar right here in Malaysia! And she didn't quit coming to Malaysia even if some people wanted to bann her. Oh, I'm so envious of the people who went! But even if I was free from work, I'd most probably not have gone anyway. For one, I cannot afford a ticket that costs RM300++ and if I buy the one that cost about RM100+, it's a waste of money. It's because you'd be pretty far from the stage and all you'll see is a miniscule Avril singing on the far away stage. You'll also have all the big, tall people squeezing together to get a better look, leaving you smelling the wonderful smell of armpits and sweating bodies squashed together. Mmm... lovely.


If I want to buy a ticket, I'd buy the one that gives me access to look at the star face to face backstage or the one that sets you to the front. Now that's a well worth ticket. Expensive (for me) though. If she's still producing good music, doesn't land up like Britney and comes to Malaysia again, I'm definitely going to buy the ticket.

0 words of others:

Post a Comment