Monday, September 15, 2008

My Dream Wedding



Out of fun, this is in reply to This Post. Yeah, it's quite late. I actually planned on posting this earlier but other stuff caught my interests.





I've never really thought of a dream wedding before I read about a dream wedding post. In fact, I think that my own dream wedding wouldn't come true. I mean, how many out of all the dreams out there really, really do come true? Financial constraint is one of the factors for me. Realistically, with the money I would have (being a psychic now, haha!), my dream wedding would be in Malaysia, in a church with a simple wedding gown (or maybe none)with close family and friends. Then we'll have a simple dinner at a restaurant or at home. Nothing too fancy and nothing that involves red table cloths, people shouting yam seng and a karaoke box on stage where aunties and uncles sing songs that are long ago lost to guests who just want to eat (no offence to anyone). Just that simple, non-chinese wedding dinner with boisterous friends and families if you please. (=


Now, letting my imaginations go wild, my dream wedding would cost a bomb. A nuclear bomb. I want to fly overseas, bring close friends and families, my favourite priest to hold the wedding ceremony, have a big yet simple event, custom made dress and probably stay a night or two in a resort for my honeymoon.


Let's start with the place, shall we? I always thought that marrying by the beach would be oh-so-romantic. But I had to keep options open for the best of the best places. Afterall, I am miraculously, in this dream, filthy rich. After looking through top ten venues of wedding locations, I've fallen in love with this place:


Just look at it! How can you not love it?! The clear, blue waters just make me melt. It's the Grand Anse Beach in South Caribbean. Caribbean! You think I would meet Captian Jack Sparrow? Heh heh.


I want to catch the sunsets and the beautiful skies. I want to get married in the morning and enjoy a nice wedding dinner during sunset by the beach. Yes, right by the beach! With white table cloths, wine, relaxing music and cool breeze blowing at my dolled up face. If the weather doesn't permit, I'd dine in one of the resorts located there. And will you look at the place?



One of the rooms look something like this...


It suddenly sounds as if I am planning for a honeymoon instead of a wedding. Hmm...


Moving on to the dress. As said before, I would want a custom made dress. I want the front of my dress to look like this and also most of the dress made of the same material. The ribbon-like lines on the dress could be of different colour though. Maybe gold or royal blue..


I want the back of the dress to look like this...


and I want the length to be sweeping the floor (of course my bridesmaids would lift the hems up for me) but not too long, just like this...


I haven't yet decided if my dress should have that flowing straps or not. Hmm...


Anyway, my bridesmaids would also have their own dresses! Just like the picture below, except that they get to choose their own ribbon colours. I know, I'm cruel. Uniformed gowns make them seem all plain and blah. But don't that dress look fantastic as well?




And what would be Joanna's wedding without food? Cakes! First we'll have these cupcakes for the guests...


One pair for each!

Then my wedding cake would be of 6 to 8 layers just like this minus the ugly rose sitting there...



I guess I will just stop here. One last point is that I want my favourite singer there to sing for my wedding (Cheh! Like some big shot). I can go on and on and on about how I want the wedding to go and all that, but I decided to spare you the bore. So have you thought about your own dream wedding that may or may not come true?

0 words of others:

Post a Comment