Thursday, May 3, 2007

Vectors Give Good Blood Flow

Ladies and gentlemen, Kien has blushed for the second time in her life. And this time she didn't know it until a slightly irritating person sitting beside her today told her. What was the cause? Something very small and very stupid. Really. I don't even know why I started blushing. And to explain the situation, I have to teach those you readers a little Add Maths!!! Don't worry. This topic is really easy. So for those younger readers (and older readers), this is a little bonus for you. You're gonna learn (or revise) a little Form 5 Add Maths.


Topic for today: Vectors.


Okay. First off, this thing touches slightly on Physics. We have scalar quantity and vector quantity. Scalar quantity is a quantity that has only magnitude (something you can count. A measurement. i.e. 4km). Vector quantity has both magnitude and direction (i.e. 4km towards the south). When you have two parallel vectors, you can find a resultant vector. Like in this diagram. We have vectors p and q. The resultant vector is p+q. This is called the triangle law which I use so often in completing my work.




Another example with X, Y, and Z as points:




So if I want to get the resultant vector of XY, I have to plus XZ and ZY together. Get me? Then later in this subject you have to get the measurements and blablabla but I'm not gonna explain it here or your poor brains will go KABOOM! So my question is this diagram:




And I'm trying to find OR. To find OR, I have to find a bunch of other vectors. One of them is OS. After I've done everything, my answers turn out to be different from the answer from the back of the textbook (I'm not cheating, just checking). So beside me happens fo be the "Add Maths Pro" and he checked for me too. For a few moments, we were puzzled. Like trying to piece together jigsaws that don't fit. He looked again. Then he pointed to my work.


OS = OP+PQ


Can anyone find something wrong here? That's right. After he pointed, he said something and that something struck me as funny. I burst out laughing at my mistake, covering my face in the process. I almost laughed til my tears came out (something must be wrong with my hormones today). And the person sitting beside me was like, "Eh, you blush wor!!!"


I didn't believe him. I don't easily blush. But he insisted that I did and my ears were the colour of a tomato. He's gonna make me remember this (=.="). And Von, if you're reading this, he said now you're not the only one who blushes. You've got company! Well, I don't think I'll be blushing anytime soon. It's very rare that I do. Unless I am out in the sun exercising. So nono... NO ONE is gonna make me blush. Never!!!


So there you have it. A blushing day in the life of a um... non-blusher.

0 words of others:

Post a Comment