Sunday, May 20, 2007

Shopping Is Not For Me

Here's a little update. I'm not a girl who shops much or even likes to shop for that matter. In fact, I just don't enjoy shopping. I didn't think much of it at first. So maybe I'm this weird girl who doesn't like shopping. But when I went 1U today with my mom to meet up with my godma and godsis, I remembered why. Shopping makes me depressed. Why? I can't get clothes my size or clothes that actually suits me. Oh OK, I can. But basically I just can't wear what girls my age would be wearing...


So I spent like *counts* half the day in 1U, looking at clothes that were way out of my budget, elegant but not for me, cute but also not for me, nice but too big, small but colour that doesn't suit me. And then when we had a break, my mom already had her clothes, my godsis was satisfied with her shirts and my godmom satisfied with her brand new watch. And me? I'm to console myself with mashed potato. I suddenly felt like a super-thin-board-non-feminine-like creature because whatever I try (even if it's the SMALLEST size), it's still loose. I felt ugly.


I was just about to give up looking for my clothes. Just get my friend's shirt (it's a birthday present that I wanted to buy long ago) and go home. But my godsis dragged me to this shop called Plastic and chose a few shirts. And guess what? They fit and it looks nice! Guess what again? It cost a bomb! So ok, I told the shop girl there that I'll think about it and went outta da shop. Next was Body Glove. After much thinking and trying on shirts, I finally decided to settle on 2 shirts (one black and another army green) for RM70. Which brings me to one conclusion: I can only wear casual clothes that are branded and expensive. And I cannot, in anyway, touch clothes that are formal, feminine, and elegant.


Now how depressing is that? Ah well, I'm a little cheered up now. At least I got my shirts and have this new found proof that black does not make me look any skinnier. I think I'll buy more dark clothes now. Will suit my mood when I do happen to go shopping again (which won't happen unless I'm shopping for a friend's present... but that won't make me depressed). And what am I doing here? I have CHEMISTRY and ADD MATHS TOMORROW. I'm a skinny pig.

0 words of others:

Post a Comment