Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hard Choices

What do we do when we have a hard choice to make? Be it leaving a loved one or doing something you originally intended not to do (but it is necessary)? I would have happily give you answers and choices to make that would make your life easier... if only I've found it.



If only it were easy as this...


Face the facts; with hard choices, there's no easy way. It's either you do it or you don't. I find myself always and constantly stuck in this period. No matter how much I pray, how much I cry or how much I ponder, I never get far. I thank God that whatever it is, I still have the strength to smile and to carry on my daily life and not cling to the bed, complaining I cannot go on or worse yet, drop everything I've learnt and revert to my old, mundane ways. I also thank God for supportive friends whom are always there, caring and helping me lift my moods.

I hope that I can do something for them as well. No matter how small the deed, I hope that one day I am able to make a better difference in their lives. Hope they don't see that I take their kindness and cares to my advantage. For future implications, if I ever gave that impression, just slap me. I never intended for that to happen.

My elder brother told me and gave me the impression that he thinks I am one that sits down and wait to be pampered. He worries that in future, I could not handle my life. While that may hold some truth, I would never want to be the only one on the receiving end and I have a belief that I can handle my life (the problem is whether would it be the hard way or the easy way). That much, I hope he knows. Although growing older means I have to take more responsibilities I'm not really ready for yet, I'm not as spoilt as he thinks or as weak as he thinks.

As for Hard Choices, I made up my mind that although you are an incredible pain in the back, you are necessary for my growth. And guess what? I'm not backing down and I'm beating you one step, albeit small, at a time.

0 words of others:

Post a Comment