Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Emotionless

Love, why do you play these tricks on me? You gave me so much joy, yet you gave me equal pain. Love, do you enjoy torturing me and leaving me breathless? Always bringing me to the high cliff and leaving me there to decide what to do next? I can fall or I can just run away. If I fall, I might hurt myself. If I run away, I'll fail to experience that adrenaline rush.

So what do you want me to do? Why did you lead me here? To always, always decide what to do. I fell a few times just for you. And now you're doing it again. Leaving me at the ledge. Do you really think you're so special, Love? You're right. You are. People can't fully live without you. But why do you have to torment me so? People could die just because of you!

And I'm dying inside just bit by bit by your gleeful play. When I least expect you patch me back up, but only to watch me wilt again later on. It isn't fair. You're having all the fun.

So to fight you I came up with a conclusion. I must not feel. I must not feel joy, for I will feel pain. I must not feel you, for Hate will surely come and find me. I must be void. Void of you. So stop your childish games, Love.

I must be emotionless.

0 words of others:

Post a Comment