Sunday, November 9, 2008

Decisions

Decisions. They are part of what shapes your life. Every moment of thought, every second of comprehending, every move you take channels to the decisions you are about to take. Sometimes decisions need to be carefully thought out, need to be well planned. And sometimes, decisions just need to be taken immediately just like in a case of emergency. Decisions need to be good because once a decision is made, it can't be taken back. There's only repair work to do. But what happens when you are faced with a dilemma in decisions. It can be good either way. What if you chose the worse instead of the better?

And why is it that we sometimes make decisions that we said we wouldn't make? I used to dislike people like that. They who say one thing but do the other. I called them hypocrites. However, for now I find myself being just like the people I dislike. I guess now I understand how is it like when you're faced with a dilemma. I'm sure everyone reading this has, at certain time, been an "I won't do that" person to someone who did it later on. What is the main reason that we do these things anyway? Did we just end up making the wrong choice? Or are we now finally understanding how it is to be in a certain situation?

Were we thinking straight? For example, I had a friend who said that she wouldn't give out her virginity easily. But somehow, along the way in a short term relationship with a boy, there goes it. Makes me wonder about the people who were/are like my friend (The focus here isn't my friend, but the decision she made. Remember, DECISION!). What were they thinking? Did the guy give pressure? Was it something done semi-consciously? Or did something happen and things just got desperate?



I wonder what drives us to make a decision we say we wouldn't. Desperation? Thought was the right thing? A sudden lost of rationality? The Devil attacked? I wonder how many times we regret making those decisions. I know I've done a load of things that I say I wouldn't. Sometimes I regret them, sometimes I feel scared and sometimes I question myself, "Did I just do that? Was it the right thing? Was it worth?". But the main fact is, I've become a hypocrite.

Who isn't anyway?

0 words of others:

Post a Comment