Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Conversation With Technology

So my laptop has this speech recognition thing.  I am now currently using it to type this post and it is pretty cool because I don't need to type.  Talk about laziness.  I can literally control what goes on on this laptop with my voice.  Of course there are some disadvantages when the laptop does not recognize what I'm saying.  Sometimes it gets a little frustrating because it would not listen to my commands no matter how much I try to say it right.

I'm still trying to get used to it though.  From the time I started writing (or more accurately dictating) this post, there has been a lot of mistakes!  I constantly had to correct those mistakes which actually waste more time.  For example, the word ‘which’ came out as ‘reach’ and I had many of these mistakes with this speech recognition program.

Well, I am supposed to be studying right now and I should go.

But first I think I want to take a nap (it is going to rain and for those who know me well, you know what it means)

Toodles!

0 words of others:

Post a Comment